View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #133
Techno250
bikeless n00b

Name: Woody

Motorcycle(s): None yet. My dream machine is a BLUE 250R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalony View Post
Yeah It still really was my fault. Cold Rubber just didnt come to mind. But hey thats why were here. To share these experiences with other riders. I wonder how many lives have been saved because of these gathering grounds? I'm sure a lot of dollars.
I have no doubt that what I'm learning on this FREAKIN' AWESOME forum will literally save my hide someday. I want to use the bike for commuting sometimes, so the Tourmaster Flex 2 Jacket and Overpants look perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
shark - I also rock the ICON field leg armor on occasion... i feel like robocop when i'm rocking it
Talk about rockin some gear! (In case some people haven't yet seen it. ) I think I'm developing a gear fetish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Player View Post
My cousin just got in a serious accident- collapsed lung, surgically removed glass shards from his back, shattered rib cage, etc. but for whatever reason I'm still stupid.
Take it from experience, a collapsed lung SUX! I had a spontaneous collapse -- not due to injury -- and I was in the hospital for 28 days. The surgery to fix the collapse was hideous. Not to be too graphic, but they could not fix it laproscopically, so they basically filleted me. Awesome scar, though! And all the chest tube scars look like gunshot wounds, great for fake street cred. I can make fun of it, but you do not want to go through this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom View Post
in my opinion, theres no need to spend 4-600 bucks on a helmet. if you're on the street, and you want a cool helmet you can pick up a cool shoei or something on closeout for 2-300, or you can buy the ugly one thats the exact same model for 1-200. i buy the ugly, high quality helmet cuase i know i'm going to trash it sooner than later.
Was thinking of the HJC IS-16, because it looks a lot like my brother's flight crew helmet, and under $200.