View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2020, 07:40 PM   #5
crimsondragon
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
When it dies like this, is typically caused by dried chunks of petrol varnish being dislodged and clogging bleed-holes in pilot-jet, and/or emulsion-tubes and/or carb-venturi. Note that spray carb cleaners no longer work due to removal of chlorinated compounds.

You’ll have better luck with pee, it has ammonia which does good job of cleaning deposits off aluminium. To really clean carbs requires lots of mechanical scrubbing and flossing of secret hidden fuel-circuits after jets. Also needs hours if soaking in ultrasonic cleaner followed by micro soda-blasting. Do search on here for “clean carbs ducatiman” for photos and procedures on what it takes to restore carbs to factory-fresh clean condition. When carbs are restored to factory-fresh clean, bike will run like brand-new off showroom floor.
When I cleaned it, there was some sort of chunk stuck in the main jet tube after I removed it. I blew it out but never recovered it. I'm not sure if it was a piece of the air filter or a rust particle, or a piece of glue from my disintegrating fuel filter. The test run after that cleaning, I was able to go above 50 mph but it was sluggish and bogging, hence why I adjusted the main needles down a notch.
crimsondragon is offline   Reply With Quote