Old March 20th, 2011, 11:01 PM   #350
caps
Sexy Beast

Name: Mat

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, 2006 ZX-14, 2012 Ducati Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddoak View Post
Yes. Not too hard an install.

LOL... I have an authentic set of German ones... on my car. I have the Indian made ones on my wife's car, and they are every bit as loud and obnoxious as the old school German ones. These were labeled and sold as 139 dB. Whatever they are, they are attention getting! They may have another version out there, but the newer, less German ones are just as good at getting it done.

They wouldn't fit where the stock horn was, exactly. They bounced around and dented radiator fins... so... The new location is where they wound up.

You are 100% right about them being exposed there. Friday morning I rolled through a 4 foot wide puddle of MOTOR OIL in the middle of the road... with a tanker tractor trailer right behind me. By the time I could safely stop, the entire underside of the bike was dripping oil. Including the horns. A lot of 15% solution of Simple Green and a hose later, good as new. My seat may have a permanent stain in it now, but not from oil. Oil slicks suck on a bike.

Oohhhhh, pretty.... I've been meaning to put rim stripes on mine since 2008.

As far as what I did today on my Ninjette? Nothing.

Yesterday I rode it to a local Kawi dealer, and traded for a new old stock 2009 ER-6N. The Ninjette is gone, long live the Er....

I loved the little red monster, but riding 2 up with my son (who loved it, too) was a bit too taxing. When they offered the Er for $4600, it was too good to pass up.

The new ride:
You always get the best deals! And the local dealer here has the rim tape with applicator (progrip I believe) for $13.99 so I coudlnt pass it up
caps is offline   Reply With Quote