View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Ausoi
ninjette.org member

Name: Joshua

Motorcycle(s): 2008 (Black) Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Engine running poorly + tach not working

So after taking a couple months off from riding because of the cold, I decided to start her up and take a short trip to school, turns out I barely got on the main road and the bike dies on me and refuses to run smooth for the whole day. It just so happened that my tach went bananas as well and wasn't reading worth a damn and later that day died completely. Well I maned up and dragged her over our hill to home (just about killed me.)

Over the past week I've been going over her trying to figuere out what is going on. The first thing I noticed was the throttle was getting stuck and wouldnt open all the way, so I fixed that. Then I noticed the choke wasn't working properly and I fixed that. I checked most of the troubleshoots for the tach and I think its just dead unless the ignite somethingorother in the back is screwing it up... anyone ever had a tach go haywire and just die on you like that?

Lastly I put some seafoam in the tank (Maybe too much) to see if I could clean out any crap in the carbs, this is the part that really bugs the hell out of me, the bike starts up - it loves for me to blip the throttle but it dies if I try and hold the throttle in place? My pop thought it might be having trouble getting gas? Or maybe I just need to pull the carbs out and clean them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ausoi is offline   Reply With Quote