Thread: DIY- Oil Change
View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2009, 03:01 PM   #33
paterick4o8
ninjette.org sage

Name: patricK

Motorcycle(s): '08 blue 250R [sold]. '09 lime ZX-6R [stolen :( ]. '06 blue 636.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
from another 250 site... use at your own risk.

As most cartridge-type filters are more or less the same, any of the above filters will be of good quality. There is, however, one brand of filter which several club members DON'T recommend. That is HiFloFiltro. As reported, it takes longer for the oil pressure light to go out after starting than with other filters. One member reported that at 3000 miles it started shifting funny, and the oil light stayed on longer than normal. His second Hi-Flo did the same thing at a little over 3000 miles. Other filters can go many more miles without these symptoms showing up.
I see. I've heard the same thing for FRAM where people were saying not to use them either. I gave them a chance recently due to the convenience that Rotella T was sold at Wal-Mart and they carry only Fram filters. Not sure if it was the guy who changed it (I let them do it just b/c I was already having work done on the bike) or the filter itself, but I seem to have a slow leak from underneath. I'll double check if it's just not tightened enough later on.
paterick4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote