View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #1
Asspire
Fix It Till Ya Break It

Name: Asspyre

Motorcycle(s): 08 250RRrrrr

Tire Pressure Database

So this morning I was late for work, jumped on and rode. At the first corner I knew I was down by 5-8 psi. Front was heavy and it dipped pretty low. It was also 3 degrees (Celsius) and the last time I set them was at around 20 degrees. I normally check them twice a week, but its been raining for the last couple days and I figured that it wouldn't make a difference. Which is the best way to end up crashing your bike, Always check your pressures.

I find the stock setting a little to "heavy" in the front and rear to "stiff", therefore I keep them at 32 front and 30 rear. So now that the pressure's are where they're supposed to be, I got to thinking: why don't we have a Tire Pressure Database? With all the members here, living in all parts of the world, with different tires and setup, it would be neat and helpful to get an idea what people are riding on. I think it should go like this:

Tires (F/R): Pirelli Diablo Rosso II (both)

Tire Size(F/R): stock/140

Pressures (F/R): 32/30 psi

Rider Weight: 210 lbs

Suspension Mods/Preload settings: none/3rd "notch" (rear)

Average temps/location: 5-20 degrees Celsius / Toronto

Riding type: Daily driver/commuter

Other Info: I find front end more stable with an extra two pounds.

This should help members get an idea of what settings to try for their setup, it should be useful to newcomers too, and keep people thinking about their tire pressures.
Asspire is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.