View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #13
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
How can you get precise readings? .........I mean, what instrument do you use or recommend?
I cannot find any gauge able to do so.
Also, each measurement introduces a little reduction of pressure, especially in the smaller front tire.

When I use the digital gauges, I slightly overfill the tire (by a PSI or 2), then use the gauge to let out the extra air a tiny bit at a time by not seating if fully on the valve stem. Let a little out, seat fully, let a little out seat fully, until I get the desired pressure I want

This is the one I like to use the most

Slime Digital Pressure Gauge Model 20074.

I bought one 3 years ago and liked it. It worked flawlessly. I keep it in the tank bag. After a little over 3 years the unit started to display a digital code. Found out the battery could not be replaced. Contacted Slime and told them about it and they sent a free replacement. I haven't seen one in the for a while.

0-160 max PSI
It reads in Bar,Kg/cm2, KPa, and PSI. You can toggle thru them all. Has a feature to clear the last reading. I have 2 digital, one stick/pencil type and one analog tire pressure gauge and they are all .50-1 psi within each other. (IMHO not a big deal unless you are racing)

Here's a good article on tire pressure gauges and accuracy. http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/technical/200511gauges.pdf
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote