View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2021, 11:17 PM   #20
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
The .8 kg/mm springs give me 10mm of static sag and 10mm more when I get on the bike. After the hard braking I tried, the zip ties on the forks showed me 90mm of total travel, so it's leaving me 30mm of unused fork travel. There's no way I'll bottom out these springs. Maybe .75 km/mm would have been better. I weight 155lbs without gear.
Also, I may have left too much preload, as I'm only getting 20mm (actually a bit less) when I sit on the bike. I may pull the spacers out and cut them out a bit more.
And very probably install the valve emulators or initiminators as @InvisiBill suggested to me.
yeah, slightly less preload. Also give yourself some travel in reserve. There's actually instances where you can load it more than your tests. Such as going around a corner and then suddenly braking to avoid an obstacle, like deer in road. Then hitting a bump while braking & cornering. Definitely don't want to bottom forks when hitting bump, it'll wash out front-end and crash.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote