View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2022, 10:57 PM   #6
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, from what I have learned on the net about this bike is ....it is sprung very hard... a few guys on the China riders forum had the same complaint as I do
it rides too hard ! that seems to be due to the fact that they added a 650lb spring on the rear shock because guys were bottoming out on jumps....
so they fixed that..... but if your not jumping the bike you still have to contend with that very hard spring... "Sigh"
the fella on that site told me that he got a totally new shock and spring from
one company and that cured his problem that spring was 450lb weight....
i contacted the company and they wanted $850.00 for the same set up but said I would have to get a spring elsewhere as they don't have that spring any more
i told him that was too expensive for my blood and thanks anyway !
so I wrote to CSC and Joey gave me a bunch of leads of people tackling this problem on different sites ...which was nice... and one guy said he got a spring from Maximum motorsports that worked for him... so I went to maximum motorsports and found a spring I liked at 8" tall 2 1/4" I.D. and 475lbs weight.
with a price of $90. +$20. shipping so I ordered it... then they took the money and said the shipment has been delayed because the part is on back order and will be delayed at least 2 weeks or longer.....
so that is where I sit....
the one guy said that his 450lb spring was just a little too soft , that is why I got a 475lb instead of a 450lb....

here's what I plan to do....
I plan to pull off the shock /spring and put the new spring on that shock
if the spring keepers don't fit I'll make new ones on the lathe.
and then I'll put the old shock and new spring back on the bike and bring the preload adjustment down to the top of the spring and maybe a bit more depending on how much sag I get. but I will still be able to touch the ground
with both feet or I won't do it..... it is far too dangerous not to be able to touch the ground with your feet than I am willing to over look to inconvenience..... Yes I've heard all the rebuttals to that statement....from, you'll get used to it, to you can learn to ride a tall bike..... but nothing about it is safer to not be able to touch the ground ! and i think everyone knows it isn't..... to me it's a stupid trend that the manufacturers has forced upon us
thinking ALL americans are 7'6" tall and weigh 250lbs soaking wet.....
they don't have this problem in china they make lower bikes there !
but the bikes they do import on occasion are a major problem people can't touch the ground !
think about it... if you have to slide your butt off the seat to give you enough
leg length to touch the ground what happens in that emergency stop? you fall over because there wasn't enough time to slide off the seat..... and that will get you ran over in traffic.....
if your riding a bike where you cannot touch the ground I'm not calling you stupid by any means.... but you are taking a bigger risk than I am when you ride your bike.... LOWER the stupid thing it's not that hard !
sorry.....RANT over !
Bob.......