View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2022, 05:16 PM   #49
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I took the RX4 out for a ride a bit ago.... it ran great and rode fairly good this time
I filled the tank with premium, to see if it will idle better as it misses a beat every once in a while at idle and coughs when you take it off idle some times....
seems to be running a tad better but I really can't tell at the moment...
I took it for about a 30 min ride and found I could finally relax on it which is something new..... i straightened out my arms and just crused along at about 70mph on the freeway
and then turned off onto a back road.... I decided to go the long way home and I wish I hadn't as I came up to a stop sign and put my foot down and the weight shifted and I couldn't hold it up and it fell over....again ! that pissed me off ! that thing is darn near as heavy as the 1100 honda I had and I never dropped that thing because the seat height was 28" not 32" I told the wife when I got home that if I can't find a way to lower that Pig I will sell it ! it's too heavy to be that tall ! at least for me !
right now I noticed that when I was putting my feet down I was only touching with the balls of my feet on either side ..... and to add aggravation to frustration, when it layed over the gas cap was leaking like it was half open ...gas ran everywhere I probably lost a half a gallon of gas before I got it back up on it's wheels ! when I got home I invistigated the gas tank cap... it indeed was locked i opened it and the O ring was indeed in place.... I closed it and noticed it was about 1/16" from being flush i pushed down real hard and heard a click...and it stayed there I thought OH COME ON !!!!
it looked like it was completely closed but it wasn't ! ...
I tell ya I am having more trouble with this bike than I ever had with a bike ...and it's all because of me .... I'm thinking maybe I should give up riding all together if I can't keep a motorcycle upright I shouldn't be on one ! talk about frustrating !
Bob......