View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2022, 03:09 AM   #61
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, now I really screwed it up.... I was going to lower the front some more...
that would help in the headlight aiming and handling too... as I only had it down 1.25" from stock.( was going to take it for a late evening ride ,fired it up and turned on the light and the beam was hitting the house about 10ft off the ground !) and sense I lowered the rear 2" ( or more) I should have the front 2" lower as well... so In the dark I decided to lower the front but one of the Allen head bolts didn't want to come loose on the lower triple tree
and the Allen wrench didn't want to fit in there correctly ( I suppose that is where I sheared off the swivel ball off my Allen set sockets at)
anyway, I drove my long Allen wrench in as best I could and put a long wrench on it to try and brake it loose and it just ripped out the octagon in the bolt head
....and that may be near impossible to get out and replace ! AURGH !!!!
...no doubt I need to get the front lower again but I'll have to get that bolt out now.... this is not looking promising at all ! LOL
I think I zigged, when I should have zagged ! LOL
I may have to disassemble the whole front fairing and dash just to get at it better ! and I am not looking forward to that !

Bob.....