View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2022, 03:09 PM   #67
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, I just cured the problem on the RX4.... I took the bottom bolt out !
then bent the bracket down a bit so it would clear the plastic and walla ! it could them move up AND down .... before all it could do was move up a tiny amount... now I can have a 30 degree swing if I want it.... so I pointed it to where it looks right and anchored down the remaining 2 bolts.... so many other bikes I've owned only had 2 bolts on the headlight and the only time they moved is when the bike was dropped.... so I have no doubt the headlight will stay where I put it.....
.... when I was messing with it last night it never dawned on me to take the bolt out..... so I did that a bit ago.... but it still wouldn't pivot downward... I thought what the heck ! ...and that little bracket was the problem... got my big prybar/screwdriver and bent it down about 1/4" and that cured it !....

really is weird not to have any provisions in the thing to facilitate headlight aiming..... i mean that is a must.... but I guess it's close enough so get it out the door! .... but it's good to know you can take out the bottom center bolt , bend the bracket and then point the headlight anywhere ya want !
..... the headlight is hooked to the frame like the Ninja 250R is.... it don't turn with the forks which is a shame because I like that ability to point the headlight...... ....
I remember stopping and helping a guy change a front tire on his pickup on old schoolhouse road one time at about 10:30 pm and it was very dark out
he didn't have a flashlight so I parked my bike on the other side of the highway and pointed the headlight at his tire for him.... 2 minutes later he was done ...my bike didn't even have a chance to get hot setting there idling
..hahahaha !.... he was going to the store to get some cigarettes' and it was close to closing time so he had to hurry ! HAHAHAH
it's my wife's birthday today so I think I will take her out to dinner !
Later !
Bob......