Old May 14th, 2016, 10:50 PM   #132
redsnapper
ninjette.org member

Name: Red Snapper XXX

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009

Update

UPDATED WITH NEW INFO

YEAR: 2009 250R
INTAKE MODIFICATIONS: Kleen air delete. Uni filter Dual Foam 6 inch UP6200ST with PVC pipe as intake runner. The Pod filters are about 1 inch away from the battery box. I wanted to make sure the back of the pod filter airflow was not blocked by the battery box. The bracket back/under the gas tank with the four bolts, I had to grind down, because it had tabs for the old airbox, and was pinching my 6 inch pod filters

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS: Stock
JET KIT: Dyno Jet
BRAND OF JET KIT: Dyno Jet Stage 3 #2393

MAIN JET:
SEE BELOW

PILOT JET: #40 (NOT THE STOCK 38)

NEEDLE AND CLIP POSITION: 3 1/3 DJ needles with clips at the 3 position with 3 washers on top, and 1 washer under clip, which would make it needle position 3 1/3. Previously had it on 4th position but when it got warmer mid range bogged..

MIXTURE SCREW SETTINGS: 1.25 turns out.

ELEVATION: 75-646 feet.

Temperature: 0C/32F to 25C/77F

MISCELLANESOUS INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE’S JETTING SETUP:
Installed block off plate, Removed Air injection into exhaust to get rid of backfiring.
Spark Plug NGK CR8EIX.

UPDATE DJ114/Keihin 120 Weather has gone crazy and it dropped to 4C/39F, feels like it's the fall season.
Removed intake runners, and 2nd layer of Uni Pod UP6200ST. The 2nd layer makes it hard to put the filter on the carb.
Bike revs better, feels a lot stronger 4/5/6. Was a blast to ride going WOT on the highway.
With removal of intake runners, low end, and mid range torque is weaker, have to give it a tiny bit more throttle to get it moving. Overall, having intake runners is NOT worth it.
Decelerating/brakes no exhaust gurgling or strong smell of gas.

UPDATE 15C/59F to 27C/77F
Change my jets 2 size smaller from DJ114/Keihin 120 to DJ110/Keihin 115 NO Intake runner.
Bike feels good, Did not have to adjust my mixture screws or play with the needles.
Decelerating/brakes on city streets I can hear a bit of exhaust gurgling but no smell of gas. Since I was only using 1/4 to close throttle. Thought about trying 1 jet size more DJ112/Keihin 117 to see if it helps, but summer is coming soon and it'll act rich, so sticking to DJ110/Keihin 115. Will see if the Bike improves or get worse when it gets warmer.
Getting new plugs next week, will test again.

UPDATE 20C/68F to 32C/90F
DJ110/Keihin 115
DJ needle clip in the middle (3rd) was at 3 1/3
Place back intake runners to get back some low end power, better for city riding, a little bit slower to rev at WOT
Installed new NGK CR8EIX spark plugs NO DIFFERENCE.

UPDATE
Tested Bike at night. Bike Fully warmed up, Went on highway and did WOT to 11000-13000RPM coolant blinks on for a split second. Tried 3rd and 4th Gear, same issue. This tells me main jet is too small.
Will installing next bigger Main Jet to see if the issue goes away. I didn't noticed this before because, I usually ride in the day, and in the city. Not going fast enough, and can't see the coolant light blink.
Bike runs fine, just worried.
20C/68F
DJ110/Keihin 115
DJ needle clip in the middle (3rd)
#40 Pilot
MIXTURE SCREW SETTINGS 1.75 turns out.

UPDATE
Pulled Spark plugs. White, Too lean!
20C/68F
Change Jet to DJ114/Keihin 120.
Coolant light no longer flashes when going WOT 11000-13000RPM, when I try to get up to speed on the highway or just doing WOT runs.
#40 Pilot
MIXTURE SCREW SETTINGS 1.50 turns out.
Low end close to 1/8 thottle is a bit lean because (Idle hangs when blipping) I reset the mixture screws to 1.5 turns by mistake. I had them at 1.75 turns. Going to have to adjust (Open) them when I get the chance.
Did NOT pull plugs out after my run. Was late and tired.

UPDATE
30C/86F
Uni filter Dual Foam 6 inch UP6200ST (Do NOT have 2nd layer installed)
Have intake runners to get back some low end power, better for city riding, a little bit slower to rev at WOT
Main Jet: DJ114/Keihin 120.
#40 Pilot
MIXTURE SCREW SETTINGS 1.75 Turns
Low end a tiny rich. Close to 1/8 throttle Idle drops when blipping it's rich. The weather is really hot, so expecting it to do that.
Middle Range Performs awesome
WOT works fine, no coolant/Engine light overheat on/flash. Wondering if installing a DJ116/Keihin 122.5 Main jet would make any performance gains? Might try it.
Still need to pull out Spark plugs to inspect to see if the DJ114/Keihin 120 main jet are running right.

UPDATE
24C/75F
Installed Dynojet springs.
WOT, Red Line, acceleration is quicker on highway.
City riding not so good. When Rolling off throttle, bike seems takes longer to drop RPMS when slowing down. Have to brake eariler. The Dynojet springs are weaker than stock, which makes the Carb sliders slower to go down. Will try for a while to see if my riding improves. If not, I will put stock springs back in.

Last futzed with by redsnapper; July 12th, 2016 at 10:20 PM. Reason: More Jet info
redsnapper is offline   Reply With Quote