View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2018, 08:08 AM   #130
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
update time

I got back from Mid Ohio around 1:30/2 this morning. I had a blast! Enjoyed getting to know csmith12 a bit, met a bunch of cool people, watched cars and bikes on the track, and most importantly, put 42 miles on Takara I also put 2 scuff marks on her, one on the frame slider and one on the exhaust I tried to do a right hand turn from a stop for the first time and lost my balance, couldn't get my foot down right to catch her and down we went.

I am super thankful @csmith12. I have more confidence on my bike, he took me at my pace, gave me a lot of freedom, and great feedback. we just went baby steps, building on each step. I rode on the autocross course (loved it, my fave practice area), the defensive driving course, and the roads around the track (dirt/gravel and paved). His parting instructions were for me to work on how long it takes me starting from a stop. Also, to get adjustable levers so I'm not having to turn/raise my wrist to get to the front brake, and rearsets so my feet are up about a half inch or so to get my knees in the right place on the bike.

I'll definitely be back to Mid O next year for an actual track day!

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.