View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2018, 11:30 AM   #5
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxX View Post
Thanks for the Feedback guys.
Okay so I purchased the bike from someone that used it as a track bike. I then started to encounter random stalls on the highway so I disconnected the power commander and reverted to stock for diagnosis purposes.Long story short this may sound wierd but I may be getting a airlock in my tank or some sort because if i dont open the tank lid before i commute i will stall about 10 mins down the road.Anyhow that's something else to look into. I plan on taking it into my local Kawasaki dealer so they can do a proper dyno and do the mapping.
When I say straight slip on I mean theres no muffler .The slip on has replaced that section of the exhaust.Yes 86mph is what the speedos reading, thats max throttle...I thought it was low top end even for a 250r . That's disappointing, what's the best course of action? Bike seems to run perfectly otherwise idles abit rough on startup but after a min its revs fine...then again I'm no expert. Ive attached a photo for interest sake.
That's typical of a clogged or pinched tank vent hose.

I would at least get a proper slip-on muffler, and maybe a BMC air filter, before hitting the dyno. I'd also wait until you figured out why it isn't running properly before taking it to a shop for dyno tuning. Make sure they really know how to tune properly - or you'll waste a bunch of money and get little in return.

A good full exhaust system like an Akrapovič is an improvement if you are looking for maximum performance and cost isn't a major factor. Either way, get a real muffler on it. That alone may make it run better. You don't necessarily get more power with a more open exhaust.

Other things to check would be the condition of the plugs, valve adjustment, TB sync, and other common maintenance items.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote