View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2018, 09:40 AM   #1
Keithb7
2008 & 2010 250cc

Name: Keith

Motorcycle(s): 2008 and 2010 Ninja 250

2010 Jetting...In the ball park

Last September after removing the airbox snorkel on my stock 2012, I noticed the bike was acting like it was running lean. Harder starting. Poor acceleration from idle. I bought the bike used, it came with 98 main jets and 38 pilot jets. I put up with it as the riding season was wrapping up here. I planned to re-jet the bike this winter.

Over the xmas holidays, I had time to get it done. I tore the bike down to pull the carbs. I live at about 2350 ft elevation. I decided to go with 42 pilot jets and 105 main jet. I reassembled the bike and flashed it up. It starts easily now. Upon warm up, the bike will rev up with much less hesitation. The higher RPM's come on quickly....However there is snow on the roads here so test riding is out until probably late March, next spring.

I am hearing a slight hesitation when cracking the throttle from off idle still. How can I determine if I am too rich or too lean on the pilot jet? Hard to make any progress without test riding I suppose. Jut wondering if I am in the ball park on the jets.

Stock exhaust and air filter. Just the snorkel removed. Thanks for any tips.

Keith
Keithb7 is offline   Reply With Quote