View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #71
Rassie
Motorcycle bon vivant...

Name: Rassie

Motorcycle(s): 300 Ninja, 250R Ninja, SV650S, CB350, GT750, Aprilia RS250, Triumph Street Triple R

Jetting on my 2008.

YEAR: 2008

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS: Snorkel Removed, Pipercross Filter (stock replacement)

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS: Stock header, Modified open Marving Carbon fiber can from a Ducati Monster.

JET KIT OR STOCK? Jet Kit

BRAND OF JET KIT? DynoJet

MAIN JET: #100 (#98 also worked but felt a bit lean)

NEEDLE AND CLIP POSITION: DynoJet 3rd Clip and 2 washers on top.

MIXTURE SCREW SETTINGS: 3.0 turns out

ELEVATION: 350ft ASL

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE’S JETTING SETUP: Installed the DynoJet kit exactly according to the instructions. It does feel like the mid range is a bit dead so may go up to the 4th clip on the needles to see how that works. But at this point I am very happy with the bike and it pulls smoothly through the entire rev range with no noticeable dips in power. No burbles or spluttering or anything out of the ordinary. The carbs have also been sync'd which seems to have made it smoother overall. Left the idle crews at 3 full turns as recommended and have not touched it since it feels OK to me, but perhaps I don't know any better. UPDATE: Bike did not feel perfect while riding at constant throttle with some very slight surging so I went up one size on the jets to 100. It now feels a little better and may even be a tad rich but that is much better than it feeling lean.

NESBA 13, 300 Ninja, 250r Ninja, 06 SV650, Ninja ex250, CB350, CL90 ,GT750, Aprilia RS250, Triumph Street Triple R www.mybikeproject.com

Last futzed with by Rassie; July 3rd, 2011 at 10:20 AM.
Rassie is offline   Reply With Quote