View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #86
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
update: Now 2 turns out. Tried one turn but it was not running well. Getting a solid pop when I chop the throttle, and some popping on low-throttle deceleration. Would like to get rid of that... but any more out on the screws and I get the symptoms of over-rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
YEAR: 2008

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS: Snorkel removed, K&N panel filter in stock airbox, Kleen Air system removed and holes plugged

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS: AreaP QuietCore full exhaust

JET KIT OR STOCK? Jet kit

BRAND OF JET KIT? FactoryPro

MAIN JET: Stock (Keihin #98)

NEEDLE AND CLIP POSITION: Per FactoryPro starting point recommendation - clip in third groove from the top, three washers above

MIXTURE SCREW SETTINGS: Initially 2 1/2 turns out, now 2 1/4, going to try 2 flat. The bike runs just fine at all rpms and loads, but when the throttle is blipped at idle the speed drops below the idle set point and returns.

ELEVATION: Sea level to about 150 feet

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE’S JETTING SETUP:

- Pilot jet replaced with the #40 alternate that came in the jet kit
- DynoJet dynamometer results:
- Peak HP 28.91
- Peak torque 14.37

The dyno guy said "You're fine... you don't need to do anything." He also said his dyno is a bit "tight" and the real numbers may be slightly higher.

Air/fuel was dancing around the "ideal" line... maybe just a tiny bit on the rich side of things overall, but not enough to warrant making any changes.

Fuel economy after a week and two tanks of fuel is between 55 and 63 mpg, driveability is excellent, choke is not needed at startup, and the sound is to die for.

A huge THANK YOU to kkim, who recommended this exact setup. Except for the idle mixture screw settings, he enabled me to nail it on the first try!
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote