View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2020, 12:34 PM   #25
shaverjeff
ninjette.org newbie

Name: jeff

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250 harley FXDLS, Harley 1200x

ducatiman I don't doubt your expertise and appreciate the initial response in your thread above (I bought a few kits from them just be careful one of the jets I got wasn't even drilled through) and I'm sure you have many happy customers. I personally prefer to do my own maintanence, I've never subbed out work on any of my vehicles not even oil changes, so unless its machine work and I can't afford the machine tools myself, I'd prefer to build the skillset and knowledge myself.

Ralgha please clarify. Ask yourself what you are contributing here.

A new member joins this forum and asks a simple question and ends up being harassed by others making silly assumptions.

I knew exactly what this bike needed for my application. I only came to this forum for part vendors,not to be attacked by users that claim to know better than myself.

I always welcome knowledge of those with experience, I'm no stranger to sharing my own expertise but I sure as hell don't go around telling everyone they must do it my way or they are wrong.

I'm ashamed to be part of such an unwelcoming moto forum.

For others that find this thread and are looking for advice aside from paying others to do it for you:
$30 in jets and my own labor has this bike back on the road and running fantastic with the aftermarket parts I intended. No dyno, no custom tuner, no sodablasting, just patience, reading plugs, and progressive jet changes.....the same way its been done for decades.
shaverjeff is offline   Reply With Quote