Old September 16th, 2013, 07:08 AM   #8
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by perplexed View Post
Rojoracing53, are you able to share any detailed pics of the gear you attached to the subframe?
From my quick measurements, the front and back cross braces are at different angles. I'd really like to know how you overcame this to mount the plate with the four bolts.
I'm guessing you used spacers of some sort?
Pics look schmick, and I'd love to replicate your work. If you or anyone else can help out with details it'd much appreciated.
First yes ill post any pics I can find

Second I don't remember the two cross members being so far off in angle to cause any problems but maybe I just didn't notice I thought they were rather parallel but offset of each other. I used thick plastic spacers kinda like PVC but with a small ID and large OD(thick walls) of different lengths to get the mounting plate to sit at an angle parallel with the two subframe cross members. The lengths are something like 3/4" and 1-1/2"(do your own measuring because those are estimates based off a photo in my head)

I highly recommend used the rivet nuts in the frame and long 6mm bolts from the top of the plate to hold it down because this make its easy to remove.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote