View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2009, 07:25 PM   #13
kevins_garage
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, 2007 Aprilia SR50R scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1NDLESK1N View Post
Any chance you can post up some pictures of the different colors you can make?
I don't really keep any made up in advance, but I can take some pics as I do them in different colors. Most of what I have done though is white/red or silver/red - the difference between the white and silver doesn't always show up that great in the pics my point and shoot 2MP digicam takes.

I don't have any chrome look vinyl currently. The wholesaler I buy my vinyl from usually sells in minimum 10 yard rolls, so it's not cost effective for me to buy a lot of colors or types of vinyl at $25-50+ for each small roll, just to cut one or two stickers. I do other larger jobs though, like hours of operation for stores, boat decals and other stuff, so if I pick up any other jobs in the near future big enough to justify me picking up some new specialty colors or types of vinyl, I may sometimes have some leftover to cut stickers like these from (just haven't had anyone request chrome yet probably because most has an expected outdoor life of as little as 6 months).

There's a lot of different quality vinyls out there - I try to stick with high quality 5 year vinyl that is solid color all the way through, so if you did apply it to a window or windscreen, it shows through in the same color from the back, not white on the back side and color on the front.

ETA- here's a pic of black/gold I did for a guy that wanted them for a white bike

Last futzed with by kevins_garage; July 24th, 2009 at 04:09 PM.
kevins_garage is offline   Reply With Quote