View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2024, 10:29 AM   #52
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I remember doing that coming home from vegas in my ford station wagon with my bike in the back all tucked in....
some where near Tonopah nv. to almost Fernley nv.... I realised i didn't remember driving it ....I pulled off the side of the road and did a reevaluate of the situation and check the oil on the car.... i did not remember driving that section at all...and that scared me alot I had gone into a automatic mode of some sort.... not asleep but so close to it that I could not tell the difference.
upon realising that ...needless to say it woke me up...and I paid close attention the rest of the way home.....that was the first time that happened to me in a car...
...on a few occasions I arrived home at the Ranch from my future wife's place
only to realise I didn't remember riding it all the way home...on the 305 honda dream....I put 1000 miles a month on that bike for about 10 years....
I found I could indeed sleep sitting up riding the bike.... not a good situation at all.... it happened so often I just quit visiting my Gal till I had gotten enough rest....
You can and will fall asleep riding a bike..... you don't hear about that very much because it's just reported as another motorcycle fatality....
it's bad enough to fall asleep in a car.... but on a bike you have no protection
at all....it's best to put the trip off till after you catch some sleep....
Bob.....