Old April 22nd, 2018, 03:04 PM   #11
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonigan View Post
Hey,
Just bought a 2007 Ninja 250r. It's in rough shape cosmetically, but runs well enough with 10k miles. Rode it home 30 miles, and the clutch is slipping, there's a very slow coolant leak near where the coolant hose enters the engine on the left side, it probably needs carbs cleaned, maybe a valve adjustment, and cam chain tensioner cleaned/replaced due to some extra noise going on for good measure.

After a little TLC, the plan is to get naked. Minimal/no fairings, wires and electrical parts relocated or tucked away, and maybe after some inexpensive suspension mods and better tires (the ones on it look new, no dry rot, but are date coded 2014 and probably a little hard) I plan to make it a corner carving machine.

Always wanted a light bike for the twisties. My last bike was a 1000cc and fun in a straight line, but this 250 is so much better in the turns. Looking forward to the journey ahead with this thing.
Ah, a-little TLC and get naked. A man after my own heart. It's even better with a partner.

Bill