View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2019, 12:41 PM   #2
Sig99
ninjette.org member

Name: Simon

Motorcycle(s): 1993 katana 600 (sold) 1999 gsxr750 srad (sold) 1991 zx10 (blown)2016 grom 125 (sold) 2006 ninja 250r (current

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig99 View Post
Alright fellas, so this bike has been a bit of a pain in the ass so far. I was riding today to get the vin verified to register it, and it lost power and died while riding. Got it towed home with my fancy new insurance I got YESTERDAY. So I check the petcock, and fuel was pissing out with it in the on position. So I took the petcock apart, cleaned it a little, and put it back together. Bike fired up and ran good for about 2 minutes. Made it around the neighborhood before it started sputtering and losing all power and acting lean. I got it home, pulled the plugs, and this is what I found. I’m going to replace the plugs, but why the hell did this happen. There’s oil in the bike, and those we’re brand new spark plugs just 4 days ago and I ran the bike 17 miles.

Update. Replaced plugs with old ones, runs better than before I drove it earlier and had it break down. I just drove it, feels much more responsive, but something must be wrong in order to make the plugs look like that in the first place. Any ideas anyone? Pic is of new plugs after 1 mile. Just rode it and pulled them 10 minutes ago
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8BB03F65-561A-4DBD-9DD4-E290E42CE5FE.jpg (74.1 KB, 5 views)
Sig99 is offline   Reply With Quote