View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #51
stealth250
Gearhead

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Ace is the place! There's a story behind those pivot bolts. I went to take off the clutch lever and the nut just kept spinning and wouldn't thread off. Finally I took a Dremel and cut off wheel and cut the nut off of the bottom. It appears that someone at the factory got a little carried away with the air ratchet and wiped the threads off of the bolt. Of course the threads in the perch were screwed up too. I was going to tap the hole to 6mm and just run a bolt into that, but then i decided to use 10-32 stainless and found 5/16" O.D. aluminum spacers to use as a shank like the original bolt has. So I have a 10-32 screw, an open hole spacer and a threaded spacer (to hold all of it together and make a shank bolt). I had to cut the spacer down to match the shank length of the stock bolt. Then I used a nylock nut on the bottom. It worked out great. So then I decided to do the same thing to the brake side as well. I would have used button heads, but to get the length I needed, I had to use regular cap type allens. The Ace hardware by me has an awesome fastener section. Stainless button head screws in metric and standard. The only thing I haven't found there is those damn rubber well nuts! But that's a whole other subject...