View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2011, 09:51 PM   #60
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I wouldn't be too concerned about finish fading either but just mentioning that I've seen it posted more than once. Something to consider... two sides for every coin. As for durability, I wasn't speaking in regards to how well they hold up in a crash. I mean you can have a $200 set snap in a crash but someone else may have a $30 set hold up. It all depends on the crash and how much stress is applied.

There was a guy on a Hayabusa forum who ran the ebay levers through a Vickers hardness test and said that they were soft for 6061 T6 aluminum and would've given them a NO PASS stamp for quality control. However, he did say that although they weren't as strong compared to actual Pazzos he still felt that they were a better design than stock levers. I can't independently verify any of his claims but it's the most scientific review I've seen on these knockoffs.

Anyways, I was speaking more in terms of durability over time. There were a few posts I've read where people mention the adjustment switches becoming looser over time giving the lever more play/sloppiness. Their solution? Just order another $30 set off of ebay. One guy even had his adjustment knob pop off somehow. Overall though, most people seem very happy with them and you certainly can't complain about the price.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote