Old May 5th, 2011, 10:10 AM   #2
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibberish71 View Post
Well I think I got a deal 07 ninja 250 1900 og miles got for 400 ,my question....
Right away I noticed the starter gear was missing teeth so i orderd one on ebay the whole assembly minis the flywheel .I have a pic my question is the smaller gear that turns the starter gear, how you say housing is chiped if you can see the pic would that be an issure?Everything else works on the bike lights ,I have to reinstall all the turn signals no biggie.
Other issuse i hear if a bike sits the clutch might stick ,I tighten and losend the clutch max tight it will move slitly in first gear ,max lossen it wont move at all if first ,since the stater gear is chipped and the clutch is iffy i dont want to push start. On reading fourns and fourms I have read a post, had a bike sit for a year or so same problem (his starter gear was fine just the clutch issue)several posters said to start the bike and they will losen ,well since thats out can I just take the clutch side cover off and carfully dissassemble and put back toghether or buy new pads or gears Ill be the first to admit Im new at motorcycle repair but I am very mech inclined ... thanks on my pics i had to use some windo fax veiewing to open them thought id tell ya so you dont think "its a trap" or i can send you the pics from my cell thanks agian ..Jay
Jay, this post is all jibberish! I'm seriously lost. Are you from the Dominican? Kissimmee has a large Dominican population. Great people, great food. I go to a place called El Sabor. The place is fantastic.

As far as your clutch and starter. Buy a repair manual and if you are mechanically inclined you will be able to do anything the bike needs.

This is an 07 with 1900 miles and you paid $400?