Old April 23rd, 2015, 09:58 AM   #1
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Sierra Adventure IV

WHAT:
A ride for fellow Ninjetters to explore mountain roads at a easy/moderate pace.

WHY:
News is coming out that the passes are opening and I'm itching to ride them. Want to come ride with me?

WHO: Unregistered and friends.
Just putting out this feeler to see if you would be interested and when you are available. Though I would prefer you have some experience riding mountain roads, if a new/inexperienced rider really wants to come along, shoot me a PM or post here and let's talk so I know where you are coming from and you know what I'm planning on getting us into. I want everyone to have fun, and let riders explore safely, so if we both feel comfortable having you take on something new, I'll do what I can to make it enjoyable for all of us.

WHEN:
Updated Possibly plan for Saturday, August 8th

WHERE:
The route will probably focus between I-80 (Truckee) and SR 120 (Yosemite) but may shift a bit due to where everyone is coming from. More than likely will be around the region of Mosquito Ridge Road, Ebbetts Pass, and Sonora Pass.

HOW:
I'm looking at a moderately lengthy day of 300 miles plus or minus 50 miles (so two gas tanks) of mostly twisty roads through one of the most scenic regions I've ridden through. The roads are good, with some rough patches from weather, though they are narrow two lane or single lane width on the edge of a steep mountain. Luckily, there is little to no traffic. Plan on a lunch stop at the midway point and several picture stops to enjoy the area and stretch.

@tfkrocks, @EMSRacer07, @chrly, @antiant, @iamjacob, @algs26, @misfitsailor, @allanoue, and @LittleRedNinjette can all comment on how I ride and if my assessment of my pace is fair.

Pinging potential folks: @Kevin1956, @greenaero, @twistywrist, @Alex (will you be alive or dead on the couch never wanting to see a bike again?).

Let's play!!!
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.

Last futzed with by NevadaWolf; May 3rd, 2015 at 12:59 AM.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.