View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2015, 03:04 PM   #20
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Alright, so now that my big ride is out of the way, time to focus on the next ride!

So far sounds like most of those interested are located between Sacramento and Livermore. If that is the case, I'll focus my route somewhere around that area, leaving myself and @antiant traveling the farthest.

A really simple route would be Hwy 50 east over Echo Summit, then south through Luther Pass on Hwy 89, west again over Carson Pass on 88, south on 49, back east on 4 over Ebbetts Pass, then a short hop over Monitor Pass on 89, south again on 395 to 108 over Sonora Pass and call it a day. Google says 360 miles, just over 8 hours.

Plus side: numerous bail out points to shorter the day, plenty of gas stations, food options all over, and oodles of scenery.

Down side: Very common routes over the Sierra so may be familiar to most riders.

An alternative is just east of Sutter Creek, around the Volcano area. BestBikingRoads is showing a lot of squiggly lines, about half of which I've done and can result is a very twisty day with low miles.

That one looks like it'd be really fun, but have quite a few out and back legs but I can work on linking them so it doesn't get annoying.

Opinions?

Also tagging @Old Guy on a '08
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote