View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2018, 04:36 PM   #61
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
@DannoXYZ thank you for all the pics and ideas on how to tow a bike/trailer with my car .

@adouglas you are the first person that came to mind when thinking about towing a bike with a little car

It's not a lack of imagination, or some internal block that is keeping me from thinking I could tow my bike with my little Perse. It's the fact that even if she was in good enough running condition that I thought she could take it, underneath on the back end is pretty rusty. The area a hitch would go and the hook thingy that you could connect something to does not look strong at all. A newer car is next on my list, but I would not trust her to be up to the task, and she is what I've got right now.

@michvin Motorcycle Ohio does have a BRS Returning Rider course available to those that have had their permit for over a year (or endorsement) and ridden a minimum of 1,000 miles. However, you are still required to use their bikes unless you "have a good reason. IE medical condition." My bike fits in their requirements of no higher than 500cc (not 250cc like the class was saying) BUT it's purely up to each training location on if they are willing to let a rider use their own bike, and not all training locations will accommodate that request.

they don't offer the introductory class like the MSF has.

@subxero I didn't go in with my mind made up that I would hate it, I just knew ahead of time I would be uncomfortable. I still took the bike, as it was the only option I had. I still tried my best on each exercise, no matter how hard it was for me due to the anxiety and discomfort. when things started going from bad to worse I knew I had two options - either they let me change into my boots so I could ride one of the previously nixed bikes where I was on tip toes in my sneakers, or they slow things down a bit so I could attempt to get more comfortable on that bike (which actually may have been a suzuki, I was so stressed out I couldn't remember, but it was essentially the same as the Rebel). There was no ok to that either.

I'm not going to dwell on any of that anymore, what happened is done, I made the choice I thought was best for me and now I have to roll with it. I'll get through this, I know I have the ability, and I'm going to enjoy every minute I get to spend on my bike.

calling @csmith12 sending you a pm

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote