Old September 1st, 2019, 12:52 PM   #11
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
.....Learn to not manhandle the throttle like you can get used to on the 250. It will be fun to ride once you acclimate to it. Remember to work on the basics of slow look press roll and you'll be fine.
So many years ago I lived in the Australian outback. I had a Honda XR250 and my buddy had a Honda XR600, he had a big bore kit and a bunch of other modifications on his bike.

So one day I'm headed to the bike shop to drop off my bike for a new set of tires or something. I called my buddy Mike to bring me home from the shop, he has to work but he tells me his bike is in the shop and ready to be picked up so just ride his bike home.

So I drop off my 250 and pick up his 600. Pull out of the bike shop and get stuck at a light behind a tourist bus waiting to make a turn. We make the turn and the bus is of course moving like a bus, I go to pass the bus and whack the throttle like I would on my 250. The front wheel comes up and I pass the bus doing the best wheelie of my life, scared the crap out of me.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.