View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2017, 04:01 PM   #5
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Z125 vs Grom, in my eyes:

Groms: mushy suspension, pegs too low for lean angle, overpriced on the used market, better brakes, torquey engine, too many weirdos stretching and dropping them and adding spikes and chrome. I hate that crowd.

Z125: great lean angle and solid OEM suspension, cheap, engine configured for a strong top end, weak brakes, great price when new. Underbody exhaust unless upgraded to something else. (like I did) $2600 for last year's model. Got mine for no fees beyond Tax/title/license, 2998 OTD.

From the factory, the Z125 feels more like a track tool while the Grom feels like a better road bike / commuter. Takes more money to make a decent track bike out of a Grom. Can't buy a Grom used because people think they are made out of gold and sell them for more than MSRP with a few stupid mods.

Here's what I did so far.

Yoshimura RS-2 Exhaust
Bazzaz Z-Fi
Dunlop TT93GP tires
Chimera Ram air intake
Woodcraft front and rear axle sliders
Motodynamic tail light
Galfer front rotor
Galfer SST line
Front fork preload adjusters
Billet annodized brake and clutch Levers
Protaper SE Handlebar
TST Fender Eliminator
Carbon fiber license plate frame
T-Rex Racing Bar End sliders
Area 22 Endplate swingarm spools

Also have some cheap chinese CNC Adjustable Rearsets but didn't mount them because they kind of suck in design. I bought some Moose Racing aluminum handguards to protect the controls in a downer but they were too large to fit the bars.

All I really needed was the Dunlop tires and the fork preload adjusters. The rest is just fluff.