Old June 21st, 2018, 04:51 PM   #3
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
I'm a coach with the California Superbike School (even make an appearance in Twist 2 as the mom, lol) If you have any questions about riding techniques or the school just fire away. I took all four levels of the school as a student before I became a coach 14 years ago and attribute all my riding skills and race accomplishments to CSS. You'd love taking the school
Thanks! I've definitely noticed you around here

I had gone ahead and purchased the download of "Learning to Ride the Easy Way" in the Ride Like A Pro series....not worth it. The camera angles aren't great, it moves really fast, and assumes you have a huge parking lot to play with. For all of the hype around it, I would have thought there would have been more of a step by step on things. I won't buy more from the series. I did, however, pick up Proficient Motorcycling off of Google Play. That one I'm really enjoying the way I did Total Control.

As for questions, I have been really thinking about the whole counter steering thing the last few days. My mesh jacket came in and I plan on riding this Sunday morning off of my street for the first time. I've heard people say anything over 10mph and others say over 25 to 35 mph. That's a big difference. That and turns, like when to initiate the turn, how fast to go (I've noticed I usually am going around 15 mph in my car around these turns). Proficient Motorcycling helping with info on this, like counter steering to initiate lean then direct steering adjustments, I've noticed how he recommends what Lee Parks talked about, using the same hand to do both so your hands aren't fighting each other. It's just a lot of info to process and never having done it before, I'm all like "agghhhh!!!!" lol.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote