View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2018, 03:34 AM   #5
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Your description of your switch and wiring aren't clear. I don't know what the different wires on the switch do, or exactly what wires you have connected together.

The stock starter button is fed power on the red wire, which comes from the kill switch and also feeds the coils. When you press the button, the black/red wire powers the starter circuit relay in the junction box. You should just need to wire up the red and black/red to your yellow button for starting.

At the ignition switch, power comes in on the white wire from the main fuse. When you turn the key On, the white wire is connected to the brown wire to power the accessory circuits, and to the gray resistor wire as a security feature for the igniter. The circuits for the running lights and turn signals also run through the OEM switch, for the Park feature. When On, the red/blue from the fusebox is bridged to the red wire for the running lights. In Park, the hot white wire is bridged directly to the red wire. In both positions, the white/black (which is just a fork off the white wire) is bridged to the white/green to power the turn signals.

So you just need to use the white wire as power in, and run power out to the brown and gray wires. If there's not a Park function, you'll want to bridge the red/blue and red wires together so that the running lights are permanently connected to the TAIL fuse, and you'll want to connect the white/green turn signal wire to switched power (the brown wire or just the switched output of the ignition switch).

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote