Thread: gpx 2002
View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2020, 05:46 AM   #2
ninjette.org member

Name: Garry

Motorcycle(s): GPX250 1989 model and 1990 model

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakka View Post
thanks for having me, I am in West Australia/Perth, I have a GPX2002 Aus model and have recently stripped carbies and cleaned and re-fitted. Forgot to take pics of fuel tank hoses. Just finishing hooking up hoses and trying to follow my manual which appears to me to be different in subtle ways ? My questions are ; does my Fuel overflow hose run to ground ? my manual is saying it goes to a emission control cannister ?? I don't think I have such a cannister. And why does my radiator have a hose that runs to carby, what purpose does radiator fluid have in the carburettor ?? And should I retrofit a fuel in-line filter prior to the main fuel line entering carburettor? thanks to anyone who can help, great family of brother Ninjettes. regards
kwakka

I have an Australian delivered 1990 GPX250 and my fuel tank overflow goes straight to the ground as there is no canister. There is no hose from the radiator to the carb. Wondering if it’s actually the pipe to the cooling system expansion/overflow tank you have somehow connected to the carb? An in-line filter isn’t a bad idea. I put one on mine.