Thread: I'm happy
View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #11
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

I have a tremendous respect for Lance. In 2004 when I got diagnosed with cancer, his foundation provided me with information and moral support as to what I should do and what the consequences of my decision would be. The American Cancer Association was lame in giving information and moral support--like "You are gonna die,man". I opted for surgery and the LAF was with me all the way---in fact, they are still with me. This is a charity I support 100%. I only give to two charities--Disabled American Veterans (DAV) and (LAF). I can honestly say that I owe my life to Lance's organization. I did take up cycling very seriously in 2004, and it put me physically, in a position to endure a six hour surgical event. I have been riding ever since. I don't have a Trek--started with a Fuji AL (which I still ride) and ended up with an Eddy Merckx Premium (Scandium). I also have an assortment of bikes that I restored totalling six bikes. In the past two years, I have ridden the Ninja 10600 miles and my bikes close to 11000 miles. I also took up bicycle mechanics and have an exceptionally busy shop. I do mostly restorations of vintage racing machines. The TDF is an event I look forward to every year. It is truly an epic event. Today's stage certainly showed the leadership and sportsmanship of Fabio Cancellera. Were he as arrogant as Contador, he would have kept the yellow jersey. He is well respected in the Peloton, and it is well deserved.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote