View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #21
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
yeah, I can't even really move it without some soreness and pain. It doesn't look swollen at all, nor it is painful to the touch, but any movement and it lets me know its there. Granted its only been a short while, perhaps I will just give it some more time.
Neil, It probably would not hurt to see a doctor who specializes in athletic injuries. Additionally, you might try taking some Glucosamine with Chondroitin and some Hyaluronic Acid---available in health food stores and places vitamins are sold. It sounds to me like you have torn some cartilige and that this problem is causing friction when you move. Friction means pain. I doubt that this will go away on its own. Orthoscopic surgery may ultimately be the answer. It is not a major procedure. They go in with a scope and then straighten out the cartilige or shave it a little to get rid of the friction. It is an outpatient procedure. My wife had both of her knees done and is doing fine. She still faithfully takes her Glucosamine and her Hyaluronic Acid to keep the joints lubed.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote