View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #26
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
My wife is pushing me to have it checked out now. I think I probably will have to get it done. I will look into getting some of the items you mentioned though as joint pain has been something I have had for years (just not the knees until now )
Neil, I was a Physician's Assistant in the ER for 11 years. Believe me, you definitely need to get this checked out before you do enough damage to necessitate a knee replacement. The joint pain you have been experiencing for years appears to be a signal that there is some sort of underlying problem. You DO need to see a doctor who specializes in athletic injuries. Call the football coach at your High School or nearby college and get a recommendation for a doctor. You do not want to go to a a regular Orthopaedic Doctor--they seem to lean in the direction of surgery--which should be the absolutely last resort. Good luck. It is really not as bad as it seems to you now. Trust me, you will feel a hell of a lot better after you have seen someone who knows how to treat joint problems.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote