View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #1
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Removing AreaP w/o returning to stock jets -- what wil happen?

'kayso....

There's a strong possibility that I'll be switching bikes in the immediate future. My 08 is for sale in anticipation of that but so far not even a nibble, so I may well just trade it in.

If I do that the smart thing is to de-farkle it and sell the nice bits, the best of which is a stainless AreaP Quiet Core system.

I really, REALLY don't want to hassle with returning the bike to stock jetting, don't want to futz with putting the kleen air stuff back in, etc. Pretty much, if I can easily unbolt something and put the stock part back on, I'm taking it off and selling it. That's the idea, anyway. I want to make this whole thing happen in a relaxed afternoon.

So the question is, is the bike likely to run like crap if I do nothing other than put the stock exhaust back on? I'm thinking possibly not, because I didn't have to do all that much in the way of changes in the first place.

Pertinent info:

- K&N panel filter, snorkel delete, Kleen Air delete (these are the things making it run leaner).

- Needles and pilot jets replaced, didn't need to replace the mains to get it working well. Don't remember where I put the clip, but it was probably in the default position. Don't recall having to mess with it.

- Idle screws twiddled.

So, opinions from those in the know? I'm thinking that it ought to run fine, given that the bikes come from the factory running lean anyway.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote