View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #474
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

once my hands are a little better ill write in more detail about what happened, but at the moment its not easy to type on the keyboard with these broken palms.

suffice it to say the fault was the other idiot who was in my lane at a S curve. i didnt know what he was doing and slammed on the brakes to avoid a head on collision with the other bike. front wheel must have slipped out, its one of those moments where you dont know where you should go, left or right, since you dont know where the other person is going to swerve....

i hit the pavement, slid on, and thankfully there was no more incoming traffic at the time. my bike must have nose dived since the front end got smashed in. it slid and hit the bike that was in my lane.

got the company pickup to come get my bike, cleaned my wounds and then took the bike apart at home, so that if any faring parts were still usable, they wouldn't be bent in the wrong shape for too long, and hopefully go relatively back to their original position.

will need new handlebars, possibly brake reservoir, that was leaking..., new foot pegs, new front frame thing that holds the front faring+ light+ dash. my Koso dash might have survived, the whole fiberglass thing popped out in one piece, the tabs where it is fixed to the bike snapped, since the bikes plastics got all warped. new front and side farings, the back one i can probably save.

what hurts the most is the destruction of the AreaP exhaust that was the best but also most expensive part i had on the bike, and its basically ruined.

once im well enough to handle tools ill start to check if the bikes frame is warped. i have a bad feeling that it might be

if that is the case, it will be very difficult to get the bikes farings to sit properly on the bike again. which makes me think that i might have to mod the bike into a naked street fighter or something. which if nothing else... will keep me busy for a while.

well in the endi wrote as much as i needed to i guess, lol