Thread: Start Issue
View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2015, 01:19 PM   #8
BrianATX
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Thanks for the replies. The battery has been thoroughly tested and is in perfect working order. It was also replaced with several other batteries that were also in perfect working order and the same results are produced every time. The current battery was checked on three different load test machines from two different shops. I'm not going to go into further details but a lot of testing was performed on this battery and several other batteries with the same results. I am concerned with the relay but I have also wired the starter directly to this and a few other batteries and experienced the same issue.

Chris I think your first suggestion is the fix. I had checked everything else you mentioned several times over.

1. Check fluid level in case. (oil + gas = non functional petcock or carb issues)

The oil level is fine I double checked this after replacing oil and checked again this morning and levels are nominal. However I had not pulled the carbs for awhile and when I did I noticed the left cylinder intake was wet. So I feel certain this cylinder was probably filling very slowly with fuel at night. The fuel petcock did not drip when turned off. Not sure how else to see if it is working properly when in the on position.

I assume this is more than likely a float bowl issue. I readjusted the bowl level reducing the fill volume. I am hopeful that by the end of today it will be dry and that is the fix and its not a petcock issue.

Thanks again for your suggestions. I will update again if it is fixed. If anyone else has suggestions I would still like to hear them just in case. Please trust me when I say that suspecting the battery is like beating a dead horse.
BrianATX is offline   Reply With Quote