View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2010, 04:12 PM   #17
Roostre
ninjette.org member

Name: Corey

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250,KTM 690 Enduro R, KTM300XC, XB12X Buell, 1966 Hummer 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by revstriker View Post
That's an interesting looking trailer. Is that a bicycle tire on the back? If so, I'd be worried that the tire would not be able to stand up to highway speeds and distance.
It is actually a Honda Cub scooter front wheel. It's small demeanor worried me when I first set it up, so I bought two new tires. I've put a little over 5000 miles on the first tire with no problems and surprisingly little wear!

My guess is that it will last 20K or so. I always carry the spare and a spare tube whenever I go on a long trip. We did a 9 day 3500 mile Pacific Coast Highway trip with it last year. For a two up trip it allowed us a few luxuries such as full size pillows, folding chairs, camera equipment, a small cooler full of cold drinks. I ended up hauling a few pieces of gear from others that went with us too! It handles the more than I ever anticipated weight load very well.

Surprisingly my fuel economy with the trailer in tow is about the same as without. It was actually better on some of the long highway stretches.
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote