View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2014, 08:09 AM   #5922
GreatScott
Virgin Blood

Name: GreatScott

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja-250

I got pulled over yesterday for the first time on the bike. I had been riding the flow of traffic between 80 and 85mph. Was in the HOV lane. My off ramp was approaching, I used my signal and safely got over. I had been keeping my eye on the highway patrol SUV about fifty yards ahead of me so I didn't even notice the white patrol car behind me (they aren't usually white in my neck of the woods). Just as I was getting onto the off ramp he lit me up. I was okay with this. I haven't had a ticket in years and I earned this one. I was gonna take my lumps and not let it put a stormy cloud on my day. He told me he pulled me over for my speed. Asked if I knew how fast I was going. I knew damn well how fast I was going but I wasn't about to start volunteering information. I told him I wasn't paying attention to my speedometer. I was just keeping up with the flow. He told me I had been fluctuating between 75 and 85, asked for my license and then asked where I was going. He then told me to slow down and sent me on my way. WOW! From start to finish I maybe lost about 2 minutes. I can't help but think my cheerful disposition had something to do with it.
GreatScott is offline   Reply With Quote