View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2010, 03:17 AM   #1
hoodadooda
MotorbikeLuv

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold), 2006 Daytona 675 in Tornado Red (sold), 2007 Ninja 650

Close encounter of the "squid" kind

Took my Ninja out yesterday to fill her up and head to a friends house to chill and as I was pulling out of my neighborhood, a CBR 600 (streetfighter) passed me and the underdressed rider gave me a peace sign, so I nodded. I went onto road and followed said squid 'til we got to a stoplight and the rider was far enough to the right of the lane for me to pull up a bit next to 'em, so I could get a better look at the bike and the rider. I pull up and SHE flips up her modular helmet to chat. I immediately notice the nose ring and green hair just barely sticking out the top of the helmet.

Her: Nice day for riding, isn't it?
Me: AWESOME DAY for riding!
Her: So you heading for route 5?
Me: Sorry, what? No, I don't have a 5 on me!
Her: No! lol Where are you heading?
Me: Gas Station to fill my baby up with premium.

As I finished my sentence, the light turned green, so I gave her a nod to let her know and she went first. She was there first and besides, I kind of wanted to watch her from behind. FOR SAFETY REASONS! We then came up to a right turn that we were both taking at a light. I was watching the traffic patterns before I even got up to the light so that I wouldn't be that idiot that pulled out in front of a car... my new acquaintance, however, did none of this and cruised right in front of a vehicle who had a green and was making a left onto the road that she was making a right on. Luckily, the guy making the left was paying attention and slowed to a stop as she looked at him real quick and then gave her bike some gas in the middle of the turn to rush off in embarrassment. I just waited 'til everybody was clear before I turned.

Obviously, she was distracted by my super cool color coordinated gear and pretty blue eyes that match my bike.

Note: I wish I had my camera on me SOOOO bad. Woulda snapped a pic.
hoodadooda is offline   Reply With Quote