View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2009, 05:35 AM   #183
Elfling
ninjette.org guru

Name: Becca

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninja 250, 02 CBR600 f4i

So, I couldn't get the Scorpion Savannah pants I wanted, they were out of stock until September. I took it as a sign to get leathers and got the Alpinestars Stella Cat pants:

My review for them:

-They run very narrow in the hips/thighs. I had to get a size 14 (50 in A* sizing) to accomodate my *cough* posterior, which made them too big in the waist. I can deal with that, just keep it in mind; these will likely fit a slimmer build perfectly.

-They are *very* high rise. They definitely fit at or above your real waist; I'm short-waisted so that's right at the bottom of my rib cage for me. Because of this, when you're on the bike and bending forward, they cut into you a bit.

-Design wise: they have a snap fastener for the waist which is terrible for leather, it pops open every time the leather flexes. They also use zippers for the knee armor pockets which can be pretty uncomfortable rubbing against your legs. They are lined with taffeta, which feels nice, but a) doesn't stretch and b) is a pretty warm fabric.

They are not ventilated at all, solid construction, no pockets. The leather is a very good quality though, the feel and quality of the pants is excellent. I've been wearing them in 90 degree weather in the sun and really haven't felt overheated in them. I plan on replacing the waist snap with a velcro closure which should solve the flexing/popping issue.

Overall, definitely A* quality with a few sizing/function issues due to my particular body type. I'd definitely recommend them, just keep in mind how European sizing tends to run (narrow in the hips/chest/waist) and be prepared to alter the clothin accordingly.
Elfling is offline   Reply With Quote