View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #43
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiLionheart View Post
Wasn't scared as much as careful to test how much more "go" the bike would give. Pretty sure the first time I went WOT i was only at maybe 4k rpms doing like 40mph in 5th or 6th gear so I wasn't in the powerband and was just like, nothing is happening, rather, something is happening veryyy slowly :P

Once I realized that you gotta get the thing up to like 8k for the fun to get started that's when things got a little scary, but not in a way that made me want to stop. More so made me want to find a straight empty road Then it started to somewhat feel like my genesis, minus the suite of safety equipment to keep me alive.

May also have been that 2 years prior to this I bought an old 89' KX250 dirt bike and that 2 stroke engine was so torquey and frightening that I was afraid to ride the thing. Not the best dirtbike to start on but I managed to figure it out without falling or driving into a tree so that was good.

I will say however when I'm up there in the powerband and I crank it open it still brings a smile to my face
do you have a genesis or a genesis coupe?
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote