View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #57
YamiLionheart
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
I just had that transition as well, upgrading to a zx-6r(2012 model) last Oct. I figured after 8k miles/2 years on my 250r, I'm due for an upgrade. After 4 months on the zx-6r, I have not been WOT on it, been pulled over already and have had a few close calls.

I realized that it's true what they say... "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than ride a fast bike slow."
Hmm that's a good perspective that I wouldn't have though of. Sucks that you got pulled over. How fast were you going, did you get a ticket or did the cop let you off? Also what kind of close calls have you gotten into?

And I guess that's partially good about not having been able to go WOT yet, it is a bike that is ultimately designed to dominate on a track so you gotta figure you wont ever be able to push it to it's limits on the street. I think it would help you keep a certain level of respect for the bike, make it feel a little sexier to ya as well you know? Like a girl that has a wild side that you know just how to unleash, but only if you're feeling wild enough yourself to unleash her.

Then again, it could feel like a large chunk of money spent on something you can only really use at 75% of it's max.

Did it feel strange moving to the different body positioning from the 250? Did it take long to adjust?

Sorry for all the questions, just want some more info since I'm so interested in the bike myself.
YamiLionheart is offline   Reply With Quote