Old March 6th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #61
Dozer
ninjette.org member

Name: CarL

Motorcycle(s): 2010 EX250, 2012 ZX-6R

Track vs. Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiLionheart View Post
Hmm that's a good perspective that I wouldn't have though of. Sucks that you got pulled over. How fast were you going, did you get a ticket or did the cop let you off? Also what kind of close calls have you gotten into?

And I guess that's partially good about not having been able to go WOT yet, it is a bike that is ultimately designed to dominate on a track so you gotta figure you wont ever be able to push it to it's limits on the street. I think it would help you keep a certain level of respect for the bike, make it feel a little sexier to ya as well you know? Like a girl that has a wild side that you know just how to unleash, but only if you're feeling wild enough yourself to unleash her.

Then again, it could feel like a large chunk of money spent on something you can only really use at 75% of it's max.

Did it feel strange moving to the different body positioning from the 250? Did it take long to adjust?

Sorry for all the questions, just want some more info since I'm so interested in the bike myself.
Yeah i'm looking into riding the zx-6r exclusively in a track. That's what it's built for and that's really what I got it for.

The thing is, when I'm riding I seldom look at the speedometer, I look at the pace of traffic or find a comfortable cruising speed. The comfortable cruising speed on the 250r is usually 60-70mph. On the other hand, the zx-6r starts to get comfy at around 85mph, the unwanted vibration goes away along with the wind buffeting, the torque sets in and with that, a mm of adjustment on the throttle makes a big difference.

When I got pulled over, the police officer told me that he clocked me going 80 on a 55. He let me go, since he saw cars passing me at that speed, I guess he clocked someone at 80mph looked up and saw my shiny red Ninja.

Fortunately for me, I still have my ninjette, it is still my commuter bike. Everytime I ride the ninjette, it reminds me how much power the zx-6r has, and basically teaches me to respect it.

Close calls: riding in Va in winter-time, there's a lot of sand on the road, these few weeks, there's been days where it's 60 degree weather and all that sand is in the emergency pull-off. So cutting that apex in an intersection... Not a good idea. i'm still a squid.
Dozer is offline   Reply With Quote