View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2017, 08:47 PM   #11
NinjaBraap
NinjaBraap

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 06 Ninja 636, 2016 Yamaha R3 (Street/Track), 2019 Ninja 400 Project Racebike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
Could be stuck rings in lands. Do piston-soak for 6-hrs using 3-5cc of 50/50 ATF/acetone mixture. Crank engine to blow out residual mixture before re-installing plugs. I’ve gotten engines with 20% compression back up to 98-99% full-compression this way.
So I talked to my instructors, and they said that you're most likely right, one suggested soaking with marvel mystery oil, which I've always thought was a joke. Anyway, bought a bottle, set cylinders to TDC respectively, pulled the spark plugs and poured in the Marvel Mystery oil, oil to have it leak out of the hole in the side of the head on the left side of the bike, which I didn't think was possible. Plugged it temporarily, filled it again and even at TDC or BDC the MM Oil leaked out of the exhausts on both cylinders. It doesn't seem to be leaking back into the case. Now I'm starting to highly suspect the exhaust valves are part of the problem as well. When I did the valves after all, almost all of them had little to no clearance, and there's almost 20k on the bike. I'm starting to wonder if the exhausts are even making a full seal ever. Letting it soak right now for a few days, going to turn it over and refresh the soak every day. Then Ill do a full compression test on either Monday or Tuesday.
NinjaBraap is offline   Reply With Quote