View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2015, 07:37 PM   #11
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Yeah, I know my cars. I know Toyota owns them and they just rebranded everything here (for some strange reason). I don't know why they just don't call Lexus and Scion a Toyota, because that is what they are. It is all about status here. Ugh.

I just feel that Toyota ducked out of the sports car scene, and just catered towards families. I mean, anything that was fun was kicked to the curb for grocery fetchers.

I don't mind that they partnered with Subaru to create a car together, it is just they didn't bother just creating their own car. I mean, go to toyota.jp. The 86 (or the FRS here) is the ONLY sports car in their lineup.

I just wish they would put some R&D into something that is purely theirs. Subaru has their Impreza lineup, I just wish Toyota would resurrect the Supra, and not just the partnership.

I guess I just never forgave Toyota for ditching the Supra.

Speaking honestly here, my Honda Civic was the best car I have owned. I have owned several Mustangs, but when I raced Auto-X in the civic, with the formulas they did to alter the car lap times and put everyone on an even playing field, I still finished in the top 10 in the Texas A&M Car Club events. I was in the next class form Stock ONLY because I had a short throw shifter. I'd have been even faster if I removed the short throw shift adapter. On a very fast course, I finished maybe 2-3 seconds behind a Civic Si with suspension and some power mods. I could drive that car FAST. Man, I miss that car. It wasn't fast, but it was fun.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.